Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Japanese songs

My favorite part of class is listening to Japanese songs.
にほんのうた

I like J-POP, especially the girly kind and music from anime.
For some reason I like Asian pop singers better than American pop singers. Maybe because they're not all effeminate guys or degenerate into crack hos.
「くらっく ほうず」ですか?

I think the coolest people in Japan listen exclusively to American and British bands. Girly music is for otakus and little girls. Then there's lots of in-between, for the majority of people.

I don't know what to think about Asian rap. It's kind of funny. But then again most American rap is pretty (unintentionally) funny. I like when rappers do duets with pop artists, those are pretty sweet.

1 comment:

Becca said...

こんにちは Jenny-さん。I just realized we are in the same blog group! I also like the song part of class. It's fun to find the words we know in the lyrics. I don't know much about Asian pop/rap, etc., but I'd be interested to hear it at some point.